This is a delicious recipe that I learned from my folks back home .I modified it a little bit to grind some of the ingredients together to save time. Although a bit tedious to make, it is totally worth the effort and is simply delicious and I do get great reviews from everyone who has had it ! Do try and let me know how you like it ….
- mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds 1 tsp
- pepper 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon 2 small sticks
- cloves 4
- ginger 1 inch
- garlic 10 slices
- onion 2
- cashew nut 15
- raisins 15
- tomatoes 4
- chilly powder 1 tsp
- turmeric 1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Lemon 1
- 1 large Potato
- coriander leaves 1 bunch
- black pepper
- ghee (clarified butter) or oil 3/4 cup
- a. Dry grind and finely powder ingredients 2 to 6.
- b. Make a paste of ingredients 7 to 12
- Add the powdered ingredients (a) to the chicken along with 13, 14 ,15 ,16 and marinate for one hour.
- Take a combination of oil and ghee and sauté or gently fry the marinated chicken and keep it aside.It need not be fully cooked.
- Next fry (b) the paste of onion,ginger garlic ,tomato and cashew in the remaining oil.
- When oil begins to leave the sides , add chicken and 2 cups of boiling water.
- Cook for a few minutes and continue cooking until done.
- Squeeze juice of a lemon into the dish.
- Cut potatoes length wise and deep fry in oil and drain it on to a paper towel.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Garnish the chicken with the potato fries and chopped coriander .Enjoy this dish with Fried Ghee Rice or Wheat Chapatis/Bread !!