Vermicelli pudding recipe or 'payasam' is a quick and easy dessert to make and needs very few ingredients. This can be made in a very short time. Vermicelli is semolina and is made of wheat and is obtained in any Indian grocery store.I used a brand called 'Bambino' which is really good. Vermicelli can also be used to make noodles with vegetables.
Vermicelli Pudding or Payasam
condensed milk is optional, if you use sweetened condensed milk then the sugar can be omitted from the ingredients
- ¾ cup of vermicelli
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 cup sugar or desired quantity
- 5-6 cardamom powdered
- 10 cashews
- 10 raisins
- 2tsp ghee or clarified butter
- 1 can of condensed milk (optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the cashews and raisins until golden brown. Keep this aside.
- Next, add vermicelli and roast it for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Bring half a cup of water to boil and add the roasted vermicelli to it. Cook for about 10 mins or until it is half done.
- Once cooked, add the milk and sugar and bring to a boil. Keep boiling until it thickens or until you get the desired consistency.
- You can also substitute the sugar and milk with a can of condensed milk if you like. This will give a rich consistency and taste. I normally use milk and sugar.
- Garnish with cashews and raisins.
Leave a Reply