The advantage of living very close to the beach is getting fresh fish from the sea and sometimes even the fresh catch .If you are up early, you can get the fish directly from the fishermen before it even reaches the market. The fishes that are more popular back in my hometown are salt water fishes like sardine, mackerel, king fish, shrimp and the like .A marinade with very simple and few ingredients is used to fry them .I used the same marinade for Tilapia bought from the frozen section in the regular store here, and it turned out really good.
Pan Fried Tilapia
A spicy ,fried Tilapia dish with simple ingredients and lip smacking taste , perfect for lunch or dinner with rice .
- 6 medium sized Tilapia Fillets
- 3 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 shallot finely cut
- 5-6 curry leaves cut coarsely
- ½ tsp Black pepper coarsely ground
- Salt to taste
- oil to fry
- Make a marinade of the above ingredients (exclude oil) with a little water .
- Thaw the fish if frozen and once thawed,marinate the fillets with the paste for about 30- 45 minutes, the longer the fillets sit in the marinade , the better it tastes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish on both sides until done.
Serve with Rice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply