Shrimp or Prawn is one sea-food that is loved by my family very much and the flavor of it such that it enhances any dish whether it is added to a curry or fried rice or noodles ! This recipe was originally sent by my sister who is also a very good cook .I modified it a bit to add tomatoes to get more gravy .It tastes good both ways and so do give it a try , enjoy!
Garlic Pepper Shrimp
A delicious recipe with shrimp marinated in garlic and pepper perfect for dinner with rice or wheat bread.
Tomatoes are optional in this recipe, I only added it to get more gravy.
- 25-30 Big Prawns (with or without tail)
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 7 -8 curry leaves chopped
- salt – to taste
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 onions (medium) chopped
- 11/2 tsp crushed black pepper corns
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Clean the prawns , devein , wash with water and salt and drain the water thoroughly.
- Marinate the prawns with all the above ingredients in the "to marinate" section and keep it aside for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan, add crushed garlic and green chili to it and sautée for few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion to this and sautée till it slightly changes color.
- Add crushed black pepper corns and turmeric powder to this and sautée really well till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the marinated prawns to this and mix well.
- Cook on medium low flame stirring occasionally. When the prawns are cooked well, add butter and mix well.
- Cook on low flame for another 2 – 3 minutes and remove from flame.
- Leave it covered for 10 minutes and serve with white rice or wheat bread (chapatis).
Leave a Reply