Suji Halwa , also called Rava kesari is made from cream of wheat .The finer the cream of wheat is , the better is the result . The finer version is obtained in the grocery by the name Sooji Rava (Fine) .This recipe needs very few ingredients like sugar, nuts ,cardamom, ghee and of course the cream of wheat and can be prepared in no time. The clarified butter or ghee used should be the right amount to get the authentic taste .This is often used as an offering to dieties for festivals and as ‘prasadam’ .I also added a little wheat powder while frying the rava but that is optional .
A delicious dessert made with cream of wheat , sugar, clarified butter and nuts
- 1 cup of cream of wheat or Rava Suji (fine)
- 2 – 3 tsp of wheat powder (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar or desired quantity
- 5-6 cardamom powdered
- 10 cashews
- 10 raisins
- 1/3 cup ghee or clarified butter
- Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and and roast the cashews ,raisins , cream of wheat (rava suji) and wheat powder (optional) until you get a golden brown for about 10 mins .
- Next add the water to the same pan with the roasted rava, and keep stirring until it comes to a boil.Alternatively you can add boiling water to the roasted rava as well.
- When the pudding thickens and there are no lumps, add the the finely powdered sugar and powdered cardamom seeds.
- Adjust the amount of ghee to get the desired consistency.That is it!! Enjoy 🙂
Happy Friday and a good weekend to all my lovely readers!!