Thai Green curry Chicken
A delicious chicken curry made with green curry paste ,coconut milk, bell peppers, basil leaves ,bamboo shoot and kaffir lime leaves, based on the Thai cuisine and perfect for dinners, best served with rice .
- 8 oz boneless chicken chopped
- 1 bell pepper sliced into long thin stripes
- 2 carrots sliced into long thin stripes
- 4 beans sliced into long thin stripes
- 5-6 snow peas sliced length wise
- 1 inch ginger cut into long thin stripes
- 2 tsp kaffir lime leaves finely chopped
- 4 -5 shallots
- 3-4 Thai green chillies
- 3-4 garlic sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 a cup chopped spring onions
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp sliced bamboo shoots
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 2 -3 tsp green curry paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilly flakes
To make green curry paste (if not using store bought),grind the following to a smooth paste and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 inch ginger
- 3-4 garlic
- 4-5 green chillies
- Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, red chilly flakes and a dash of salt.
- Take 3-4 tsp oil in a pan and sautée chicken until half done.
- Drain and keep aside.
- The above steps (1 to 3) are optional ,you can also directly add the chicken in step 8.
- To the remaining oil in the pan add shallots, bell pepper, snow-peas,carrots, beans, ginger ,garlic, spring onions.
- Stir fry for about 6 -7 minutes.
- Add 2 -3 tsp green curry paste (you can add more if you can tolerate the spice).
- Fry for a while, then add chicken.
- Add bamboo shoots, kaffir lime leaves, chopped basil and coriander leaves.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Cook until chicken is well done.
- Finally add coconut milk and simmer .
- Serve this delicious aromatic curry with white rice !