Today's recipe is easy chocolate chip walnut cookies. Chocolate chip cookie is an universal favorite sweet treat of most kids and they can usually never say no to it! I used to buy cookies from the store until I learned the homemade cookies are so easy to make and taste so yummy and delicious, very different from the ones you buy at regular store. Once you start baking from scratch, you will most probably never go back to buying from the store! This is loved not only by kids but adults as well! Do read on for the full recipe and hope you will try it out as well.
Chocolate chip cookies with walnuts
A delicious sweet treat made with all-purpose flour, white and brown sugar, chocolate chip , butter, and walnuts loved by kids and adults alike .
*Bake a few minutes longer if you want to make it more crunchy.
*You can also add desiccated coconut along with walnuts if you like.
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup or 2 sticks of butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans( optional)
- 1 11-ounce bag Ghiradelli chocolate chip (or any brand)
- Preheat the oven to 375deg F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients flour, salt, baking soda in a bowl and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar ,brown sugar , eggs and vanilla using a hand mixer.
- Gradually blend the dry mixture kept aside in step 2 using a spatula or using the hand mixer on low speed.
- Stir in walnuts, chocolate chips and desiccated coconut(optional).
- Line an un-greased cookie sheet on the baking tray.
- Drop a tablespoon of dough per cookie onto the sheets with distance of an inch in between the cookies to give space to expand on baking.
- Bake at 375 deg for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown .
- Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
- Cookies are now ready. Enjoy the delicious treats!