The spicy coconut shrimp recipe is a very delicious recipe of Shrimp with coconut slices that I experimented with and turned out yum! .It's a no-fail recipe when your tastebuds are craving spicy seafood! The taste is enhanced by the marinated shrimp, coconut bits, curry leaves, and shallots. I used the frozen coconut slices that are easily available in any Indian grocery.
How to make spicy coconut shrimp?
Now , how I arrived at this recipe : I usually marinate shrimp with ginger garlic paste and spices and then shallow fry in the oil. Instead of shallow frying them which consumes so much oil, fried the shallots and coconut slices in a little oil and sautéed the marinated shrimp into it, this not also reduced the oil in the recipe but also turned out very tasty as well! Using coconut oil gives a nice flavor. Hope you will try it out. The full recipe is on the recipe card.
Spicy shrimp with coconut slices)
- 1 lb shrimp de-veined and de-shelled
- 10-12 shallots halved
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tsp Kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 green chilies
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- salt to taste
- ½ cup coconut sliced
- 4 tsp of vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Marinate the shrimp with ginger garlic paste and the spices red chilly, turmeric, pepper powders, curry leaves, and salt for about 20 -25 minutes.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a deep bottomed pan.
- Add shallots, green chilies, and coconut slices, and sautée for 10 minutes.
- Add the marinated shrimp and sautée for a while.
- Close the lid and cook until well done.
- Add the remaining sprig of curry leaves
- After it is cooked, increase the flame and cook until well fried.
- Drizzle a tsp of coconut oil (optional) if you like.
- Serve with Rotis or rice! Enjoy 🙂
Wow!! Yummyyyy 😋. Love this
Thank you so much Priya!
Love Shrimps --- superb recipe ---
Thank you so much Sangita!
This looks delicious...will try soon:)
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Tasty Eats Ronit Penso
Love the combination of shrimps and coconut. It looks so tasty! 🙂
Thank you so much Ronit! yes indeed it is a great combination and tastes awesome 🙂
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.
Thank you so much Henrietta, appreciate it!
You are welcome!
WOW nice recipe!!
Thank you Pia!
You are welcome 🙂
I am sure this was yummy. I love shrimps. Will give this recipe a try
Thank you Mallika! it was indeed yum
I love spicy shrimps especially in summer, and with coconut slices it would take me right to the seaside 😀
Yes indeed shrimp and coconut is a great combination! Thank you so much chefkreso ,appreciate it!
this looks great!! I can't wait to try this!
Thank you so much!