Banana bread also sometimes called Banana loaf is a very simple and delicious bread that goes well with your evening tea or coffee or just by itself as an afternoon snack.Since the kids have holidays, they were eager to help and excited to bake and be mom’s big helpers.It is super easy to make this bread.All you need is some over ripe bananas, egg, flour and brown sugar. You can also add walnuts if you like.This bread has great texture and is very moist.You can increase the quantity of sugar if you like it sweeter. So if you have some over ripe bananas sitting on your counter , you may want to try baking this yummy bread. It is just about mixing all the ingredients and putting it in the oven .Happy baking! Read on for the full recipe ..
A delicious bread made with banana, brown sugar, all purpose flour and walnuts .
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 or 3 large bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar (1/2 cup more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 1 cup of halved walnut pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg F
- Grease the baking pan with butter
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and keep aside
- Sprinkle a little flour on the halved walnuts
- Mash bananas, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and egg in another bowl
- Add half of the flour mixture into the bowl along with half the milk
- Add the remaining flour ,milk , walnuts and stir until it forms a smooth paste
- Pour the batter into the greased pan
- Bake for about 50 minutes until the tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. You can also alternatively check every 5 minutes after 50 minutes to make sure it cooks well as it took 65 – 70 minutes at another time all depends on the oven!
- Let the bread sit in the pan for about 5 minutes
- Gently move it to cooling rack until it is completely cooled
- Cut into thick slices , banana bread is now ready ! Enjoy 🙂