One who loves sea food is usually a fan of crab dishes .The flavor crab induces into a gravy is simply out of the world. Only one who has had this delicious seafood can vouch for it! My recipe here uses the blue crab but other varieties of big (Alaskan) or small crabs can be used for the preparation as well. The cleaning of the crab is a cumbersome process and I usually prefer to get it cleaned at the fish market even if it means like spending a few extra bucks. Once you have the cleaned crabs the cooking is a very simple process.Crab supplies key vitamins and minerals that support good health, and can be an occasional part of your diet .
Crab Masala Curry
A delicious curry made with blue Crab, onions , tomatoes and spices based on Indian cuisine and goes well with rice or rotis.
- 8 -10 crabs cleaned
- 2 large onions cut length wise
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp kashmiri chilly powder
- 4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 green chillies
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 4 tsp of vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Clean the crab with salt and water .
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a deep bottomed pan.
- Add onions and green chillies and sautée for 10 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add tomatoes and sautée till it leaves oil on the sides of the pan.
- Add all the spices except garam masala and mix well.
- Add a cup of water , salt to taste and cover with a lid and boil.
- Let it cook well for 15 to 20 minutes
- After it is cooked, open the lid and increase the flame .
- Cook until well fried and gravy is thickened.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add the sprig of curry leaves.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rotis or rice ! Enjoy 🙂