Chocolate cupcake was on my mind all these days and it has been a while I baked them .With February, the month of love and V-day around the corner , it was a perfect treat to make. I was so happy that they turned out really perfect, moist and delicious.I must say at our home we are all big vanilla fans and chocolate not so much , well maybe except me last couple of years. So I was not sure how this would be liked, but I was pleasantly surprised as everyone just loved it and not to mention made me the star of the day lol 🙂 .In fact it was so good that nobody even wanted any frosting on it , but I saved some of them for the frosting as well. If you are trying this out the first time , you can confidently go ahead and get the most delicious and super moist cupcakes.Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting . I made the cupcakes a day in advance before frosting, just in time for Valentine’s day! Have a great Valentine’s day with your loved ones . Happy baking , enjoy and spread the love!
A delicious chocolate cupcake that is moist ,soft and perfect treat for your loved ones.
Some useful tips I noted :
- The moisture in the cupcake is obtained using the buttermilk in the recipe
- Eggs and buttermilk need to be at room temperature before you start mixing and baking
- As we do not cream butter , mixer is not really required (However I used it to mix the wet ingredients.)
- Fill the cup liners only half-way full not one thirds or two thirds to avoid mushroom tops or sunken centers.
- Use the middle rack for baking
- 3/4 cup organic All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Line the cupcake liners in a muffin tray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat the wet ingredients except the buttermilk in another bowl using a mixer or using a spatula until it is well combined.
- Add half the dry ingredients and half the buttermilk into the bowl with the wet ingredients and fold in using a spatula gently.
- Next add the other half of the dry ingredient contents and buttermilk and combine well.
- Bake for about 18 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes and later on a cooling rack until cooled.
- Frost it with butter cream or chocolate cream frosting and serve with sliced strawberries or ice cream!