Chocolate cupcake was on my mind all these days and it has been a while I baked them .With February, the month of love and V-day around the corner , it was a perfect treat to make. I was so happy that they turned out really perfect, moist and delicious.I must say at our home we are all big vanilla fans and chocolate not so much , well maybe except me last couple of years. So I was not sure how this would be liked, but I was pleasantly surprised as everyone just loved it and not to mention made me the star of the day lol 🙂 .In fact it was so good that nobody even wanted any frosting on it , but I saved some of them for the frosting as well. If you are trying this out the first time , you can confidently go ahead and get the most delicious and super moist cupcakes.Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting . I made the cupcakes a day in advance before frosting, just in time for Valentine's day! Have a great Valentine's day with your loved ones . Happy baking , enjoy and spread the love!
A delicious chocolate cupcake that is moist ,soft and perfect treat for your loved ones.
Some useful tips I noted :
- The moisture in the cupcake is obtained using the buttermilk in the recipe
- Eggs and buttermilk need to be at room temperature before you start mixing and baking
- As we do not cream butter , mixer is not really required (However I used it to mix the wet ingredients.)
- Fill the cup liners only half-way full not one thirds or two thirds to avoid mushroom tops or sunken centers.
- Use the middle rack for baking
- ¾ cup organic All purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Line the cupcake liners in a muffin tray.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Beat the wet ingredients except the buttermilk in another bowl using a mixer or using a spatula until it is well combined.
- Add half the dry ingredients and half the buttermilk into the bowl with the wet ingredients and fold in using a spatula gently.
- Next add the other half of the dry ingredient contents and buttermilk and combine well.
- Bake for about 18 to 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes and later on a cooling rack until cooled.
- Frost it with butter cream or chocolate cream frosting and serve with sliced strawberries or ice cream!
Yummy n frosting is perfect 👌
Thank you so much Ramya, appreciate it!
These cupcakes are baked to perfection. This is such a classic recipe. Nothing can beat an amazing cupcake. I can always eat one anytime and it makes it to the list of favorites of the children too. Thank you for sharing. I also loved the picture of the procedure. Looking forward to making them in my kitchen too 🙂
pls do visit: https://www.robotance.com/robotic-food-processor/processor-reviews/
Thank you so much for the appreciation . I will checkout the link.
I love buttermilk in cake! What a fabulous job on your frosting!
Thank you so much Diane, buttermilk is indeed a great addition for the moisture .So happy to hear your comments and it was in fact my first attempt at the rose piping and making butter cream frosting .Much appreciated!
Wow ! These perfectly baked cupcakes look so impressive !!
Thank you so much Megala, am so happy to hear that !
Perfect treat for the valentine's day... really pure decadence ✌✌
Thank you so much Jyo, yes indeed perfect treat for Valentines 🙂
They look so good! I really like the color of the frosting. Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙂 I just made donuts and had so much fun making them and even more fun eating them! I hope you give these a try too 🙂
Thank you so much for your comments and stopping by! Donuts sound yum I will definitely take a look!
Lovely cupcakes, Nisha! Baked to perfection! Looks scrumptious!
Thank you so much Latha for the comments , appreciate it!
Perfect cupcakes. Inspired
Thank you so much Deepa, happy to hear that !
My mouth is watering...!
I wish I could send it your way 🙂 Thank you so much Christy !
I'm here to get it! Like right now!!! aaaaa, its my sunday treat haha
Awww, so kind of you .Thank you so much for the wonderful comments!
Thank you so much for stoping by!
Thank you so much Anusha!
Gorgeous bake! Who can ever say no to Chocolate cakes?
Thank you so much Vidya! Yes indeed it is hard to resist this one 🙂
Looks delicious! Great photos!
Thank you so much for stopping by and glad you liked the cupcake and photos as well, appreciate it!
Gorgeous looking cupcakes!!
Awww Thank you for all the comments today Deepa!!
Success Inspirers' World
They look most delicious. A great job. Bravo!
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and appreciate it very much!
Success Inspirers' World
Thank you so much!
Wow, these are looking so adorable, so moist and delicious. Love loved it !!
Yes they came out very moist and tasty .Appreciate your comments. Thanks again!
The Karavali Wok
The cupcakes look perfect !! Beautiful clicks Nisha 👌
Thank you so much dear for the wonderful comment!