Blueberry muffin is one of the most delicious muffins, a favorite at my home and so simple and easy to bake . It’s a well known fact that blueberries are “super food” which means it’s good for your brain and well being.It is also very nutritious and healthy. Who wouldn’t love a freshly baked blueberry for breakfast or snack especially when it tastes so good? The only effort that goes in to making this is taking the time to measure and mix all the ingredients , and of course the baking time .You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.I used frozen blueberries for this recipe. If using frozen ones, it is preferable to add them into the batter in the last step without de-frosting them to avoid the juice of the blueberries leaking and discoloring the muffin.I would highly recommend you try making these delicious muffins. They tasted awesome bursting with delicious flavors and they are so addictive that one cannot stop having them 🙂 Enjoy!
A delicious muffin made with blue berries that is a perfect treat for breakfast or snack with your evening tea or coffee
Some useful tips I noted :
- If using frozen blueberries add it to the batter from the freezer in the last step , just before baking so that the color does not leak.
- 1 1/2 cups organic all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar for topping
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 deg F.
- Line the cupcake liners in a muffin tray.
- Combine and whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- To a measuring jug that holds at least 1 cup add oil, egg and then fill the jug to the 1-cup line with milk (1/3 to 2/3 cup milk)
- Add vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with dry ingredients and use a fork to combine.
- Do not over mix and expect the muffin batter to be pretty thick.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Sprinkle the muffins with sugar if you like.
- Add the batter to the paper cups, it can be filled almost to the top and can make about 10 to 12 muffins.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter.
- Cool the muffins on a cooling rack.
- The muffins can be stored in an air tight container for 2 to 3 days or frozen in freezer bags for about 3 months.
- Enjoy the delicious muffins with your coffee or tea!
Please do stop by at InspiresN on social Media links below when you get a chance!
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Inspiresn-166497800572964/
Google plus : https://plus.google.com/106333078300904451499
Twitter : https://twitter.com/inspiresn2/
Have a good weekend 🙂