Thank you Crow from The Crow Feather's ink (my third tag for quote challenge ) for nominating me for three days and three quotes challenge. I am posting all the three quotes in one post for the three days . This time I have chosen life quotes on the topic to "slow down on life". Hope the slow down quotes inspire you as well.
- Thank the person who nominated you…Thank you Crow!
- Post a quote for three consecutive days (1 quote for each day)
- Nominate three bloggers each day - Any one who is interested, please participate in the tag .
It's interesting how we have so many gadgets and technology to make our life simpler, but we are busier than ever before .It seems like everyday mundane tasks are getting done, but something's missing and there is nothing memorable. How often do we savor the food we eat, take a deep breath, be in the present, spend quality time with people that matter ? Unless a conscious effort is made to savor these moments ,time will pass . Before you know, you realize you have hurriedly reached the end of "life in the fast lane". Slow down, you never know, everything that you are chasing and striving for may not actually be what you wan't .You need to wan't what you have and so by slowing down you eventually realize and it catches up!
Some ways to slow down and enjoy life's simple moments
- Be in the Present: Easier said than done but not that difficult, disconnect social media and emails during family time. Just switch off and attend to it after the quality time with friends or family. Nothing is going to change in a big way , if you are away from your phones and computers for a while.
- Have a manageable to-do List : Most of us have a huge list of things to do.Don't beat yourself up if you can't get to all the things in your to-do list. Just have a handful of things to take care each day .Do one thing at a time, so you feel better after accomplishing it.
- Learn to say No: When you say yes to others, make sure you are not saying no to yourself , it is so important. Biting more than you can chew, will only cause more stress and chaos .
- Quality me time : It is also important to spend quality time for yourself. Spend some time in silence, appreciate nature, squeeze in a workout schedule, listen to music, take up a new hobby, write a gratitude list, volunteer to help where your services are needed, spend time with like minded people and friends who bring out the best in you.
"There's more to life than increasing it's speed" - M.K. Gandhi
Quote 1, Day 1
Quote 2, Day 2
Quote 3, Day 3
Note: Original image source: pexels, pixabay Final images: Inspiresn.com using Canva Quote source:brainyquotes.com
👌👌 superb quotes
Thank you Ramya, glad you like them!
The Karavali Wok
Inspiring quotes 👌
Thank you Smitha, appreciate your feedback!
Dippy Dotty Girl
Wise quotes 🙂 Seeking a slow life ain't a bad idea after all. xx
I think so too, enjoying the little moments along the way ..Thank you Dippy!
Brilliant choices, I love them all! A great reminder to slow down too, to take in the world around us and the journey rather than constantly rushing, stressing and planning future steps.xx
Thanks a lot , appreciate your feedback. It's true we are always thinking about the future and forget to live in the present, so slowing down is so important!
Thank you so much!
Lovely. I really need to use this one from now on. Thank you for this wonderful post
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment Luda!
Impressive content Nisha !
Thank so much Jyo for the lovely words!
a mindful traveler
We get so caught up in our routines we forget to stop and smell the roses. Great quotes Nisha. Xx
Yes indeed life is busy for most of us and these quotes are great reminders to slow down in the fast lane that we are heading and to savor the little moments. Thank you Lorelle !
a mindful traveler
Inspiring great quotes!!
Thank you so much!
Very inspiring quotes that are making me reflect Nisha! Great post!
So happy to hear that Sandhya, Thank you so much for the wonderful comment!
I love all your inspiration!
Thanks a lot for the encouragement Diane, it means a lot !