Simple pleasures

Previous Post
Next Post

Simple pleasures of life is today’s topic for inspirational quotes .“That man is rich whose pleasures are the cheapest.”― Henry David Thoreau  . It is a universal fact that simple pleasures in life bring happiness like no other.It could be simple everyday things like sipping tea or your favorite drink  ,watching your favorite program on the TV, walking in the nature and enjoying the greenery, watching a beautiful sunset, ducks in a park, enjoying the first snow, cooking and eating your favorite meal , looking at photo albums and enjoying fond memories, reading your favorite book, snuggling in a warm cozy blanket on a cold day , getting kindness from unexpected quarters  , getting hand written cards and notes from your kids, collecting  harvest from your  garden , so on and so forth.The fact that you feel good, alive and your best during these moments is what makes it special .There is no plan to achieve that feel good moment, it just happens !

We go about our day working hard  endlessly, hoping  and aiming to achieve things that we think will make us happy . We are constantly looking for relationships and people who make us feel good and better about ourselves .It seems like we are on a permanent hunt to find peace and happiness,  but don’t know what and how to find it.The belief  is that accomplishing all that looks impressive and dazzling  for instance  designer  clothes, watches, a cruise or vacation  to some exotic place,  the latest gadgets and coolest smart phones in the market etc will make us happy . However,  as soon as we accomplish or achieve that , we  are constantly thinking and in pursuit of the next cool thing that will make us happy and content . It is a constant cycle and there is no end to it.Similarly even with relationships, human tendency is  to have  relations with people who  make us feel good and often expect to get something out of it . However , relationships are best known to thrive and be strong if there are few expectations and as Anthony Robbins puts it  to think of relationships “as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.”

At the end of the day, realizing  that the small comforts , simple pleasures and giving selflessly  in a relationship are what brings true peace and happiness is the key !

I would love to hear what simple pleasure  makes you feel happy in the comments below. Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Photo credits: pixels , pixabay ,Canva

Previous Post
Next Post

Diane
    December 10, 2018 at 8:46 pm

Perfect and honest post! People are always waiting for somebody else or material things to make them happy. The thing that makes me happy is family!

December 10, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Thanks a lot for the kind comments Diane! Very well said about the happiness derived out of material things and others ,they are so temporary. Happiness from being around family is bliss and nothing can come close in comparison!

Lorelle
    December 11, 2018 at 2:40 am

What a great quote Nisha. I agree, family is the most important thing and I am at my happiest with them, nothing else matters. Xx

December 11, 2018 at 2:52 am

Thank you so much Lorelle for the comments , glad you liked the quote . I agree as well , in the end it is only family that matters and every moment of simple pleasures spent with them is priceless.

jenniferguerrero1
    December 11, 2018 at 3:55 am

Right?! You’re happy if you’re happy with what you have! 😀

December 11, 2018 at 2:30 pm

Yes very rightly summarized Jennifer. Thank you so much for stopping by and the comments!

Juliet
    December 11, 2018 at 6:01 am

Love this post and your photos! ❤️ There are so many things to enjoy in life like having a comfortable bed or going for a drive. A great reminder to just pause and enjoy the things that we do have. Thanks for sharing this!

December 11, 2018 at 2:34 pm

Glad you enjoyed this post so happy to hear that . I agree we need to pause , be grateful and enjoy the little pleasures we take for granted .Yes a comfy bed and a long drive are such wonderful pleasures indeed. It is my pleasure to share this post.Thank you so much for the comments, have a great day!

Jyo
    December 11, 2018 at 8:01 am

That’s an impressive post Nisha…totally agree with you…
    The best things in life are absolutely free, life is filled with simple pleasures, the little satisfying effects you never really anticipate, but always take great pleasure in. They are gifts of life that we each subconsciously celebrate in our own unique way…
    My simple pleasures are 😉
    Of course the first bite of decadent dessert…
    Finding money in my pocket that I forgot about😂….
    Listening to my fav song …
    Taking first sip of my fav drink…
    Getting retweets😉….
    Sometimes ..it really is the little things that makes life beautiful….
    Nice post Nisha by the way 👍

December 11, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Yes very well said Jyo and a great point that we all have unique ways to subconsciously create our simple pleasures. They are also mostly free ..so true .As I was reading through your list , I was thinking they are all definitely in my list of little pleasures too and how did I forget them especially favorite songs?! Thanks a lot for the comments and constant support as always. Have a great day!

Megala
    December 11, 2018 at 2:07 pm

Wonderful quotes! I totally agree with Anthony Robbin’s take on relationships “as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” It is always give & take but never take & give.
    Thanks for sharing the beautiful reminder.

December 11, 2018 at 3:01 pm

Glad to hear that the relationship quote resonated with you .If one realized the importance and value of giving in a relation , it would make relationships even more wonderful .Most often issues stems from one sided expectations . Thanks a lot Megala for the comments and your constant support as always!

Smitha
    December 11, 2018 at 4:15 pm

How True Nisha! It’s the simple pleasures in life that bring so much joy !

December 11, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Thank you Smitha for stopping by and the comments rightly said true joy comes out of simple pleasures indeed!

Caz / InvisiblyMe
    December 12, 2018 at 4:59 pm

You have absolutely nailed this with how “we are constantly thinking and in pursuit of the next cool thing that will make us happy and content . It is a constant cycle and there is no end to it”. Getting to a point of appreciating the simple pleasures, being content, is something that I think gets increasingly rarer as society changes. But it is so freeing to cultivate the sense of gratitude, peace with ourselves, acceptance and appreciation for the smaller things in life. Wonderful post, Nisha! Thanks for sharing and the beautiful reminder, and fab quotes, too!  ♥
    Caz xx

December 13, 2018 at 12:00 am

Thanks a lot Caz for your thoughts and comments truly appreciate it! As you say being content is very rare these days and indeed appreciating the small things in life is truly gratifying and liberating . So glad to hear from you as always!

PATRICK STORIES
    December 16, 2018 at 2:56 am

Hi

Thank you. I am happy to see your  writing. It gives me a thoughtful thinking and am  happy for that. That is always my intention to see a post that gives me happiness.

Am happy  to share at least a part of that happiness and love here as am  writing now.

What you said in your post  is true, sometimes just a drop of that magical post in your blog  is enough to get a person to be happy.

Good one

Well, If I wish to be happy is inevitable to keep the vibes flowing.

Cheers,

PATRICK

#PATRICKSTORIES
    Peace ✌and Love ❤

December 17, 2018 at 4:47 pm

Many Thanks for the gracious comments appreciate it!

PATRICK STORIES
    December 16, 2018 at 2:58 am

Thanks    for accepting and following my blog.

I’m available to read your post at my convenient time.

You have such an interesting topic I will love to read in
    your blog.

I still remain  the simple blogger…..

#PATRICKSTORIES
    Peace ✌and Love ❤

December 17, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Thank you very much and glad to follow your blog as well!

PATRICK STORIES
        December 17, 2018 at 6:06 pm

Thank you! I appreciate your thoughtful response.

Such an awesome way of replying someone. Thanks. Again
        As always your posts are incredible and I enjoying reading every word down till the last line. I must say that you are probably one of the excellent bloggers on WordPress that write inspired
        Writing/post

Also, I just posted:

THE FATE OF A WOMEN-THE FOUR BROKEN MIRRORS (TALES)

Would love to know your views. Love to see your contributions on it. I’m always excited for your comment. 🙂

You are welcome