Photos of the day – squirrel

Today’s photo captures are of a cute little squirrel in the backyard .It was a surprise to see it happily munching on bird food. I couldn’t resist capturing it in action .To avoid scaring it away , the pictures were taken from a distance .A truly delightful moment to capture and especially to see it enjoying the snack thoroughly. Needless to say ,it was all gone in no time ! I have been on a hiatus due to my move to a nearby city and the summer break. As things are settling slowly , I plan to be more consistent with my posts in the coming weeks. Hope you enjoy these photos.Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!

On the fence ready to climb down to the bird feeder
The bird food was all gone in no time!
Ready to pounce on it

Lorelle
    July 12, 2019 at 1:53 pm

Ooohh, how cute. We don’t have squirrels here in Australia. I remember seeing them in the parks of New York City and London. Funny little creatures aren’t they?
    Have a great weekend Nisha. Xx

July 14, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Yes Lorelle they are really cute .Interesting to know they are not found in Australia. Here we see them all around! Thank you for stopping by and you have a good one as well.

Megala
    July 12, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Wow! Fantastic clicks! It looks so cute, but this one looks different from the ones available in India, Indian squirrels have stripes at their back, perhaps it was drawn by Lord Rama! πŸ™‚

July 14, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Yes Megala, you are exactly right , the ones I observed here don’t have stripes . We also talk about the story of Rama to my kids and how the Indian squirrels got the stripes πŸ™‚ . Here there are variety , I believe from the same squirrel family called chipmunks which have stripes . Thank you for stopping by.

Caz / InvisiblyMe
    July 12, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Wow, you’ve got some incredible photographs. Squirrels always seem to read my thoughts & scarper before I’ve managed to take a photo πŸ˜‚I hope you’re settling in okay – have a lovely weekend!
    Caz xx

July 14, 2019 at 2:24 pm

Thank you so much Caz. Glad you liked them .They are very quick to run away when clicked .I managed to keep a safe distance to avoid scaring them away. Yes indeed slowly settling in .You have a good one as well.

Lynn
    July 14, 2019 at 6:12 pm

Congratulations on the move, Nisha! It’s always challenging, but also fulfilling, to create a new home for yourself. I hope you’re enjoying the process. This squirrel will likely be a fun companion! πŸ˜‰

July 19, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Thank you so much Lynn! Yes you are right moves are exciting but a lot of work and thankfully we have settled in slowly. Sure we almost have a daily visit from our little companion πŸ™‚

Deeksha
    July 15, 2019 at 5:17 pm

Squirrels are always a great fun to watch. Your pictures are amazing!

July 19, 2019 at 2:58 pm

Thank you so much Deeksha, appreciate it!

Eliza
    August 7, 2019 at 7:20 pm

Aww, these pictures are so so gorgeous! I love squirrels.