Giving and Helping Quotes

A rather challenging year is coming to an end very soon. We learned to adapt and get accustomed to many new changes in this eventful year. Although it seems like it will still take some time for everything to become normal, let us hope the coming year will bring better times. The holiday season of cheer, sharing, and giving is around the corner. It is a good time to reflect on all that we should be grateful for, and all that we usually take for granted. Take a moment to recognize, appreciate, and think of all the healthcare workers and volunteers who have been selflessly working and fighting the pandemic in the front line. Even if we are not able to do big things, small acts and gestures of kindness, and the little ways of helping can contribute to making a big difference.

Giving, helping and true happiness

Giving, helping, and sharing are great traits that make us human. Have you ever thought about what really gives you true happiness? All the things that you achieve and possess may give you temporary pleasure and excitement. Think of the times you cared, helped, brought about a smile, or shared something with others. They are undoubtedly the real happy moments that last and linger, the ones which give you a deep sense of satisfaction. The happiness or tears of joy that you unexpectedly bring to others, due to your kindness gives you contentment and fulfillment like no other. It is also sometimes called the helper’s high!

Different ways to give, help, and share

You can always find many ways to help. It could be mainly financial help that most folks are looking for but is not limited to that. In fact, one of the most valuable ways to help is to give your precious time to others. Volunteering for a cause and something that you believe in, and are passionate about, is a great way to help others. There are many organizations that need folks willing to give their time and help. Some other ways are by simply lending a patient ear, and listening to problems faced by others.

Giving and Helping Quotes

You can also provide support by just being there for those who need help and give advice if possible. This may help unburden their stress and make them feel better. Sharing your knowledge by teaching someone something new, or what they are struggling with, and helping solve their problems is another way of helping. So there are literally many ways to help, no matter how small.“You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” – Kahil Gibran

Giving and Helping Quotes

Giving and Helping others is helping yourself.

We help ourselves by giving and helping others. It helps us enjoy a meaningful life with a sense of purpose, have less stress, be happy, contended, and have better health. So in giving we are actually receiving more.

Meaningful and valued life

Giving, helping, and serving others gives you a sense of purpose-driven life. In helping others you feel valued, productive, build strong relationships, and hence live meaningful lives. “I find that once you start helping others it makes you feel better about yourself. It helps you figure out what you want to do with your own life.” – Lance Bass

Giving and Helping Quotes

Relieving someone else of their miseries helps you make a deep connection to yourself. It makes you grateful for all that you have and focus on the positive things in your own life. This is in fact a therapy for your soul. You tend to become more compassionate, less self-critical, and see yourself in a better light. You even forgive your own mistakes, move on, and thus improve your life.

Less stress

When you help others and listen to their difficulties and life problems, what you thought of as your own mountain of problems, seems very insignificant. You start to notice, appreciate, and cherish the abundance that you are blessed with. This improves your overall outlook towards life and reduces any anxiety and depression that you face. Your overall mental health improves and stress levels are considerably reduced.

More Happiness-

The happiness derived from giving and sharing is a great feeling. It is almost addictive and you feel like doing more, as you experience the positive energy and feelings. This is also contagious as the person being helped, may also feel like doing the same and pay it forward, in some other way. So a ripple effect of happiness is generated.

Health benefits

Studies have proven that our brain releases feel-good chemicals which are associated with pleasure, by the happiness and satisfaction derived from giving and helping. It is said that folks who help by giving and sharing are less stressed, have stronger immunity, live longer lives, and have less anxiety and depression. So they naturally enjoy healthy lives. It is also said that they can even endure better pain. This is because they focus more on problems faced by others and how to help them, rather than their own, which mitigates their own issues.

Most folks who give and help do it wilfully. However be cautious not to get taken advantage of, be forced, or obligated into doing something that you don’t believe in. When you feel that you are being used unwillingly for a financial contribution, for instance, it will not help you get the benefits mentioned above. It may in fact make you resentful, stressed, and leave a bad taste. So be aware and choose to give and help willfully.

Giving and Helping Quotes

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season of giving, helping, and sharing! Thanks for reading.

P.S . All original images credits : pexels.com , Modified using Adobe Photoshop cc by inspiren.com

Anonymous
    December 14, 2020 at 1:58 am

Awesome!

Selma
    December 14, 2020 at 2:56 pm

Amazing. I really like the post thanks for sharing

Robert
    December 14, 2020 at 3:20 pm

Some awesome quotes that everyone should make a point of reading regularly! A smile and small gesture can mean so much for so little effort. I always try to help those less fortunate throughout the year. Great post and have pinned for others to see!

December 14, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment .It is amazing how small gestures can do wonders . Helping the less fortunate throughout the year is a great deed , it is wonderful to find an opportunity to help when we can. In helping others, truly lies our real happiness and satisfaction . Thanks for sharing on Pinterest , appreciate it!

Cheyenne
    December 14, 2020 at 5:48 pm

Such a beautiful read! We all need the reminder of helping each other, especially with everything going on in the world:)

December 14, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Thank you very much , so glad you enjoyed reading this. Rightly said this is a great reminder especially in these times.

Holly
    December 15, 2020 at 4:38 am

I just love you, Nisha! Your encouraging, uplifting spirit, is such a blessing. Your light shines brightly in the middle of all this chaos. It is good, as you said, that we reflect on all the blessings we do have in our lives. I LOVE what you said about being grateful for all the workers who have put their lives on the line to be there for the sick. My goodness, what a sacrifice that has been for them and their families. We have no idea how blessed we are, do we? Taking even a few moments in the day to allow our hearts to be thankful can change our mood from one of lack to a feeling of abundance and gratitude.

My favorite part of this whole post were your words under, “Giving, helping, and true happiness.” Oh my friend, few truer words have ever been spoken. You’re 100% right – nothing beats giving to others. It really does fill our own cups to overflow, doesn’t it? There’s no way I could end this paragraph without giving thanks to you, Nisha. You have been an encouragement, a blessing, and a dear friend. I am grateful for all you have done to be a help in my own life. You are so very special!

I love this quote: ““I find that once you start helping others it makes you feel better about yourself. It helps you figure out what you want to do with your own life.” – Lance Bass” — It really is true. So often, when we lack clarity or that sense of purpose in our own lives, all that’s missing is reaching out to others. It is there that the understanding of our hearts becomes awakened. We see the value in others and in ourselves. What a gift that is to be treasured!

I am genuinely convinced that we actually need far less in life than people believe. We become wealthy by the love in our hearts for others and the love we receive. We could lose all of our possessions, but if we have the love of God, friends, family, or anyone else who is there for us, we are truly rich. These quotes and your wise words from a heart of compassion and love are the reminder we all need to keep our focus on what truly matters.

I have pinned and shared your post, my friend. Never forget how special you are. I am forever grateful for your friendship! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Nisha! 🤗

December 15, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Thank you so much dear Holly for your generous comments! It is always great reading your feedback and thoughts. I agree the least we can do is be thankful for all the sacrifices of the workers and wish well for them. So glad to hear that this post resonates with you and that you loved the quotes. It is amazing how in giving we actually receive more. Yes, you are exactly right to say in reaching out to others, we see the values in others and ourselves, and there lies our sense of purpose in life. We need far less than what we believe. Right on point! All wonderful words of wisdom. I truly appreciate all your kind words and can’t thank you enough for all the encouragement and always lifting up my spirit! Many Thanks for sharing this post, your feedback, and your time! I am grateful for your friendship as well. Wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!

Megala
    December 15, 2020 at 3:04 pm

Beautiful quotes! I like them all particularly the last one. It is always “give & take” not the other way, the more we give the more we take.

December 15, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Thank you so much dear Megala for your feedback. You make a nice point, one should always give without expecting as well! In giving we unknowingly receive more in peace, happiness and satisfaction. Appreciate your comments.

Geeky Daddy
    December 15, 2020 at 5:45 pm

I love the quote from Meher Baba. There is no substitution for action

December 15, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Yes that’s a great one indeed , absolutely right .. nothing can compare to the good deeds we do for others ! Thank you for your feedback.

Lyosha
    December 15, 2020 at 6:57 pm

great quotes! I actually pinned a few because I find it both very inspiring and very useful!

December 15, 2020 at 11:08 pm

Thank you so much for such a wonderful comment .!So glad that you liked these quotes and I love them as well.

Su
    December 15, 2020 at 7:03 pm

I love these little quotes. Sometimes it can go a long way! Thank you so much for sharing. x

December 15, 2020 at 8:47 pm

Thank yo so much , glad you enjoyed them! Sure enough little ways of helping can go a long way .

Diane
    December 16, 2020 at 6:18 am

Everyone of these quotes is spot on. If we all give our time to those in need we truly do make a huge difference and as you stated, it feels really good! Excellent post!

December 16, 2020 at 3:14 pm

Thank you so much Diane , appreciate your comments ! I love these inspiring quotes as well. Yes so true even small little acts can go a long way and make a big difference indeed. The contentment that we feel is like no other.

Christy
    December 16, 2020 at 11:23 pm

Beautiful quotes! I love that you are sharing about uplifting others and giving, as that is true Christmas spirit. Wishing you a lovely holiday season, Nisha xo

December 17, 2020 at 12:02 am

Thank you Christy , glad you enjoyed these quotes. Wish you a merry Christmas and happy holidays as well my friend!

Suni Santhosh
    December 17, 2020 at 7:17 am

Awesome quotes Nisha. Love the point of view, giving , helping and serving will make a person meaningful life.

December 17, 2020 at 2:43 pm

Thank you so much for reading and the wonderful feedback Suni ,appreciate it!

Autumn Murray
    December 17, 2020 at 4:19 pm

I need all the inspiration I can get during this difficult time. Thank you for the lovely and inspiring post.

December 17, 2020 at 9:24 pm

So wonderful to hear that this post lifts up your spirit. It is true we all need inspiration in these times. Thank you for reading and your comments, appreciate it!

Genesis
    December 17, 2020 at 4:31 pm

I like that you make it clear that it matters for you to give willfully and not to be forced into it. Thanks for the encouragement and guidance!

December 17, 2020 at 9:22 pm

Glad to hear it resonates with you as well, helping with our own free will is more satisfying, than being forced into it! Thank you so much for reading and appreciate your feedback.

Aarthi
    December 18, 2020 at 3:34 am

Hi Nisha, Wonderful wordings and quotes, like each one of them. There is so much meaning when you read and analyze it. Especially during these hard times, we surely need these words for a boost and to keep running. Thanks for sharing these , much needed post!

December 18, 2020 at 2:49 pm

Thanks a lot Aarthi ! I love reading and collecting these kind of inspirational quotes .It is my pleasure to share. As you rightly say ,they are a great solace in such times and great reminders as well .Appreciate your feedback.

Indya | The Small Adventurer
    December 19, 2020 at 1:19 am

I love all the quotes that are about being kind are compassionate, as that is how I aim to live my life. I work in fast food, but I get SO many comments from customers – both regulars and just one-offs – about how genuine and kind I am, and how much it makes their day, and that makes MY day, and it’s a lovely circle to live in. I’ve even had people say that they don’t even come and order unless I’m working – AND had customers give me gifts multiple times because I’m their “favourite worker”! And honestly, I don’t even feel that I do that much! I just smile, and take a little more time serving them, and actually listen to what they’re saying ☺️

December 19, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Thank you so much for reading and your wonderful feedback.I am sure you have the most satisying and fulfilling job my friend and are truly blessed.As you righly say , even small gestures which we think is not much, may seem a lot to others.They even help inspire others and help create a ripple effect.I am so glad to hear these quotes resonates with you.It makes my day as well.

Diane
    December 19, 2020 at 1:29 am

The most precious gift we have is time, which is why it’s such a valuable gift to give. Love these quotes!

December 19, 2020 at 4:19 pm

I totally agree in these times where everyone is super busy and overwhelmed with so much going on , the most precious gift we can give others is our time ! Thank you so much for your feedback and so happy to hear you love these quotes.

Eric Gamble
    December 19, 2020 at 10:18 pm

I love the Scott Adams quote. He is right. There is no such thing as a Small Act of Kindness cause everything you do to help others is great. I personally love the Ronald Reagan quote, “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” It is true! Just a little effort to help just 1 person can make the biggest difference in our world!

December 20, 2020 at 12:51 am

Thank you so much Eric for reading and the comments! Exactly right helping in any form big or small makes a big difference. The quote from Ronald Reagan is an all-time classic and is so true!

Britt
    December 21, 2020 at 1:40 pm

These quotes are all so beautiful, a welcome reminder of what we should be focusing on… Especially this time of year with the holiday season upon us. It’s the season of giving, so what you can you do to bring a little love and light into the world?

December 21, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Well said Britt, this is an apt time to bring about some cheer and love in the season of giving ! So glad to hear you loved these quotes .Thank you so much for your thoughts and feedback!

MELANIE
    December 21, 2020 at 9:36 pm

Loads of great quotes included here. I think the most precious thing we can give is time, we most often have very little.

December 22, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Thanks a lot for your comments Melanie! Yes couldn’t agree more, time is the most precious thing that one can give .

Sa
    December 23, 2020 at 9:54 am

Beautiful, Nisha!! I love everything that you have shared with all of us. Wonderful adages to live by which helps the world be a better, more caring place.

December 23, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Thank you so much my friend am glad to hear your feedback. These quotes inspire me as well.