Banana Fritters is very popular in the southern state of Kerala in India and is usually had as an evening snack , and can be prepared in a very short time and loved by kids and old alike!!
A delicious appetizer or afternoon snack that goes well with your evening tea
Ripe Plantains are preferred , I have tried with the regular bananas and they taste okay , but I would definitely prefer the plantains to make this , the riper the better.
- Plantains – ripe – 2 cut into small squares
- All purpose Flour or Maida – 1 cup
- Rice powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tbsp (for color)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Baking soda (optional)
- Make a batter of the items 2 to 4
- Mix the cut plantains to the batter
- Deep Fry in oil until golden brown and Enjoy with a cup of tea !!